Thursday, January 26, 2012

END OF MY FIRST SEMESTER IN ISLINGTON COLLEGE


It feels like I am still in the initial days of my study at Islington college but it’s almost the end of the first semester. Times were tough in the beginning and I was in a mess, I couldn’t manage my timetable nor could I cope with the teaching environment here. With time I have gradually learnt to be a part of the university.

During  the end days of the semester we had tests, assignments, course works  and presentations of all modules simultaneously. It’s was very hard for everyone to manage time for every module because the pressure was immense. 

We only had written exams for “Logic” module and I did well in the exam as we had practiced a lot in the tutorial classes and also because I was already lot more familiar to the course from my school level. We had a group presentation for “Study Skills for Computing” module. Everyone was quite frightened about the presentation as the presentation wasn’t that well prepared but  with a lot of effort we managed to give a good presentation .

In the “Problem Solving for IT” module we had a coursework based on Ms-Access and Ms-Excel . This coursework  wasn’t that hard for me as I had the basic knowledge about Microsoft package. “Introduction to Programming” had the hardest coursework of all modules. Using the necessary codes and compiling the program correctly  in BlueJ was very tough for every one of us. It took days for us to complete the coursework. 

There was a different environment during the end of the semester, everyone was in a rush, tensed and worried. These days will be the most memorable days of my  first semester in Islington College.

No comments:

Post a Comment