Thursday, January 26, 2012

INDIVIDUAL REPORT:SURAJ THAPA

Working in a group is a lot more fun and easier than working solo. The best thing about working in a group is that everyone comes up with different ideas and approaches thus making any task easier to solve.

In this module “Study Skills for Computing” we have a group presentation as our final coursework for this semester. We were divided into groups and I came to be a member of Group3 along with four other colleagues. I wasn’t that friendly with my team members in the class so I was quite doubtful about the co-operation between us but eventually everyone turned out to be very friendly and helpful.

In the beginning the biggest challenge we faced was to select a proper topic for the presentation. We proposed many topics but almost all of them were rejected. Finally everyone agreed to make a presentation on Java. The main reason for choosing Java was that we had already studied Java in “Introduction to Programming” module so, we thought that it would be very easy to make beginners understand and write a simple Java program via our presentation but it turned out to be easier said than done.

As this is a group presentation, different tasks were assigned to each members of the group. My job was to collect the necessary data and contents for the presentation. For this I took help from various available re-sources like the library, websites and also the lecture slides provided from London Met. Not only did I collect the data, I also worked hard with my team mate Kiran Chaudhary to make the slides more presentable and good in contents. As the presentation was created using my laptop I also used to check the progress made by the members and scan for any mistakes in the slides in my home.

We were able to complete the presentation before the deadline because of our strong determination and co-operation between the team members. I got experience of how team works are handled and how good presentation can be made via team unity.

This Group presentation has taught me many things and now I have a better experience and I am well prepared for such presentations in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment