Monday, March 5, 2012

SECOND SEMESTER’S FIRST LAB EXPERIENCE


Finally the wait is over and after a one month long holiday we all are here for our 2nd semester. There are some new faces among us but all others are same old buddies. Similarly we have four modules in this semester as in the earlier semester. This module "Personal development for Computing" is a lot more similar to the 1st semester's "Study skills for computing" module and the lecturer Mr. Sanjiv Udash is teaching us this semester too and we are quite confident of making this semester’s tough journey go at ease with his help and support.

Recently we had a Lab for this module where every one of us was provided a paper about the qualities that a graduate in computing will possess. We discussed about the points in a group of two and were made to give a presentation on one of the 17 points available. Some of my friends got the opportunity to explain their point including the new comers. New comers were quite preserved and were hesitating to present themselves while the old students were busy making noise and fun of others. Some of my classmates gave a pretty good presentation and talked about good points and I was quite convinced about what they said.

I too was eager to present myself and I had decided to speak on the point “A graduate in computing will have the ability to operate computing equipment, taking account of its logical and physical properties and any risk and safety aspects” but unfortunately due to the lack of time I didn’t get chance to speak on my point. The computing course will provide students with both hardware and software related knowledge as a result a graduate will be able to easily handle many computing related equipments properly understanding all the possible risks and taking in account all the safety measures.

 This semester we are being made to give presentations as well as create a Google blogger starting from the very first week. It resembles how tough this semester is going to be and it won’t be as easy as the first semester was but I am all prepared for the tough journey ahead and I am sure to deliver my best efforts as I am tending to increase my study hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment